How To Plan a Dream House & Tips for House Construction
How to a plan a Dream Home
In the planning stage, it is important to get a good idea of the many stages of construction. Keeping these stages in mind will allow a home builder to better plan both the home and the finances.
An individual home builder should focus on three main stages of construction tips for house.
in this stage, no construction will take place but what you choose to do at this stage will decide your budget allocation, product delivery timeline and the overall look of your home. Planning correct helps you to save 30% of your budget. Planning involves:
- Deciding layout of house– Layout of house essentially concerns with arranging various rooms in the best possible manner within the limited space. You can consult architect for floor plan of house which includes location of different rooms, kitchen, bathroom etc.
- Picking a plot to for construction of house– Selected plot must be connected with roads, adequate supply of water and power is required. Location of plot should not be nearby factories, high traffic density zone, Airports etc. Topography of plot is also important to be checked so that in case of flood and water logging, it don’t get submerged.
- Documentation– It is advisable for land buyers to check for the following factors thoroughly and even get them examined by a legal expert before making the actual purchase.
- The Deed Title: Check if the deed title is in the name of the seller and he has the full right to sell it. Insist upon looking at the original and not just a photocopy.
- Encumbrance Certificate: This document can be procured from the sub-registrar’s office where the deed is registered. It declares that the land is free of any legal hassle and unpaid dues.
- Property Tax Receipts and Bills: Ask for the originals again and ensure all the payments have been made as this could lead to legal complications and more expenditure in the future.
Budget for the construction & Tips of House
To build your own home, financial planning is extremely important. You don’t want to be in a situation where your home is incomplete because the finances have gotten out of hand. There are many variables that can impact your finances. So a sensible approach would be to chat with neighbours, relatives, friends, and find out how much they exceeded from their initial budget and why. Before you start, make sure to set aside money for stamp duty and registration charges. Discuss your building plan with your contractor. This will give you an idea of labour, construction material and contractor costs and allow you to adjust your household expenses in relation to your spending. Before you close on a number, don’t forget the interiors. The cost of plumbing, tiling, painting, flooring, and furniture will need to be added to your estimate. Finally, keep an emergency fund for the expenses you haven’t foreseen.
Choosing Your Team
Contractor, architect, interior designer, labourers (in case you aren’t hiring a contractor) – Selection of experienced and skilled team of contractors and masons, labours is very important. Check their profile and projects completed earlier by them. A contract agreement must be signed by both the parties. List down the name, address and contact details of contractor, also note down payment done to him time to time.
In this stage, your home will start taking shape. The first task will be to procure all the materials required for construction i.e. cement, sand, bricks, water, aggregates. General idea how to purchase construction materials :
- Cement– ( Cement Quality )
Cement must be ISI marked and manufactured by standard Brand. Check the date of manufacturing of cement expire or not. Select the appropriate type of cement, as it provides the ultimate strength to structure.
- Brick– (For Brick Quality Check)
A good brick should have rectangular plane surface and uniform in size. A first class brick will be having uniform color throughout. If two bricks are struck with each other they should produce metallic sound. The sound should not be dull. This observation may be made before purchasing the brick and discuss with your engineers.
- Steel – ( Stell Quanlity )
Before purchasing steel diameter of bar, weight per metre of bar, ISI mark should be checked. Corrugation and ribs must be free any loose soil.
Aggregates ( Aggregates Test)
Coarse aggregate and fine aggregate should be of uniform size, shape and as per Engineers.
After Getting the Materials, Your Team will Work Various Stages
Layout the foundation-
To decide the type of foundation required soil testing of plot should be done beforehand. Foundation is the most important structure in building, it should on firm and stiff soil strata. It bears the load of the whole building.
Formwork – ( Check Quality of Formwork )
Formwork (shuttering) in concrete construction is used as a mould for a structure in which fresh concrete is poured only to harden subsequently. Types of concrete formwork construction depends on formwork material and type of structural element. Stripping (removal of shuttering) of formwork should be properly done otherwise it will damage the concrete surface and after interval of 24 hrs.
Prepare various mixes-
Concrete mix should be prepared in drum mixer. Proper proportion of cement, sand and aggregate and amount of water should mixed. Proper mixing depends upon two factors i.e blade of mixer machine and rotating time. Rotating time should not be less than 2 minutes.
Anti Termite Treatment & Waterproofing –
Anti termite treatment should done before laying of foundation. It saves the cost of chemical and labour charges. Damp Proof Course is done above plinth level if required (AS per Engineer).
Wall plastering- ( Plaster Calculation )
Before plastering the wall, sprinkling of water on the wall should be done. It helps in proper bonding between the surface.
Curing- ( Curing Method )
Curing is very important for concrete and it’s plays important role in strength of structure. To keep the concrete surface moist or wet for a certain period of time is known as curing. Ponding on slab and use of gunny bags for columns etc. are best methods of curing
Plumbing & Wiring – ( Working Drawing )
All plumbing and electrical works should be done in consultation with engineer and skilled team of Plumber and Electrician respectively.All items purchased should be ISI marked.
In Finishing stage, the focus will be on beautifying the home and the interior plays a critical role in this stage. Your team will supervise the roofing, flooring, painting and fittings – in your bathroom, kitchen, wash basins.
Here are Some Important Construction Tips for House and Calculator For Your Dream House to Know Quantity of Materials
This Is Also Very Important construction tips for house Must See.