How to store cement in cement room
How to store cement for a long time.
- Store cement in a building which is dry, leakproof and as moisture-proof as possible.
- there should be a minimum number of windows in the storage building.
- Stack the cement bags off the floor on wooden planks in such a way, so that it is about 150 mm to 200 mm above the floor.
- Maintain a space of 600 mm all-round between the exterior walls and the stacks.
- Stack the cement bags close to each other to reduce the circulation of air.
- The height of the stack should not be more than 10 bags to prevent the possibility of lumping under pressure.
- The width of the stack should not be more than four bags in length or 3 meters.
- Do not pile more than 12 bags high and arrange the bags in header and stretcher fashion.
- Different types of cement must be stacked and stored separately.
|Age of Cement||Reduction in its Strength (%)|
|3 Months||20-30 (%)|
|6 Months||30-40 (%)|
|12 Months||40-50 (%)|
Dimension of Cement Filled Bags
|Length of Cement bags: 70 cm (average)|
|Width of Cement bags: 35 cm (average)|
|The thickness of Cement bags: 14 cm (average)|