How to mix concrete at site? Mixing Type?
Type of concrete mixing at Site
- Manual Mixing
- Machine Mixing
Concrete mixing is very important for the good strength of the structure.
Hand Mixing Concrete.
- Check the platform before mixing At the time of mixing ensure that no cement slurry flows away.
- Using M.S. trays if a concrete platform in not available.
- Check the proportion of sand, metal, and cement for one bag mix. Measurement should be taken by farma only.
- Prepare one bag mix at a time.
- Dry materials are mixed by turning them over, from one end to another and cutting with a shovel until the mix appears uniform.
- Turning is done three times for dry mix material, for proper mixing.
- Make a pond required size and dry material for water.
- Add an approx. quantity of water slowly to the dry mix, using a bucket. Check the capacity of the bucket.
- Mix all the materials until a uniform colour and consistency appear.
- After Visual inspection, if the colour and consistency of concrete do not seem right add 10% more cement in the same mix.
Machine mixing is faster and cheaper than hand mixing. It generally produces more strength and better workability.
Type of machine mixing.
- Tilting Mixer
- Pan Mixer
- Non-Tilting Mixer
Tilting mixer is used more often.
- Clean the hopper first.
- Place the coarse aggregate first in the hopper followed by sand and cement.
- Check if the correct quantities of cement, sand and aggregate are loaded in the hopper or not.
- Raise the hopper to discharge the material into the rotating drum.
- Add the correct amount of water to the drum using a bucket.
- The period of mixing in the rotating drum should be 1-2 minutes.
Advantage of machine mixing Concrete.
- The water-cement ratio can be controlled easily in machine mixing.
- All materials like cement, sand metal etc, can be mixed properly.
- Easily control over mixing i.e. up to the required colour and consistency.
- Wastage of cement, sand and metal can be reduced with the hopper.
- For larger concreting works, the strength of labour is reduced.
Visit our Channel for more information.
The tilting mixer is by far my first choice. Thanks for sharing this helpful info!
Very nice Article. Thank you for sharing useful information. NVLN CONSTRUCTIONS PVT LTD is a provider of end to end building Restoration services to help clients to improve safety and longevity of structures. We have been relentlessly working on providing services in concrete repairs & rehabilitation works.
It’s not my first choice to mix my own concrete, but this info comes in handy in a pinch, or for a small DIY project!