Water Absorption Test for Bricks
Water Absorption Test
- Select 3 Nos. of bricks/blocks of proper size and shape at random.
- Weight each sample and note it down as
W1, W2, W3. Take the average as
- Submerge the simple in water for 24 hours. Weight the wet samples again as
W1’, W2’, W3’. Take the average
- Calculate the % absorption by the formula.
- For a good quality brick, this value should not exceed 20%.
- Water absorption of concrete blocks should not exceed 10%.
I hope you will know very well about the absorption test of bricks.