What is Shuttering? which type shuttering we have to use and What is the time of De-shuttering?
What is Shuttering?
Shuttering is that part of form-work which supports the vertical & horizontal portion of the Column, Beam and Slab etc. and also carry a load of steel load, concrete load & pressure and other load (Human, Machine) while concrete pouring work.
Shuttering Plywood material is BWP grade (Boiling Water Proof). or BWR (Boiling Water Resistant) which means the plywood can withstand alternate drying and wetting while using of shuttering.
The shuttering Ply can reused for maximum 10 times, and it’s depend upon how you use this at site and you remove and store, also depend upon plywood density.
Uses of shuttering ply
- Shuttering Ply is generally used to make the casting of concrete as Column, Beam, Slab, Walls, Drains, Highways, pillars, etc.
- Concrete is in wet state while poured on it to give desire shape and size.
- The shuttering ply itself is manufactured in specialized way to hold, weight, moisture, temperature during casting of concrete.
Different type of shuttering materials
Must Be Remember while Choose Shuttering Materials and Working of Shuttering.
- A good shuttering must have enough strength, that it can bear the load after hardening of concrete.
- All supports used must be vertical.
- Masking tape is used at joint of shuttering plate to avoid the leakage of slurry paste of concrete.
- Before using shutting, it must be greased or oiled, for easy removal after hardening of concrete.
- All loose material or dust must be removed before placing of concrete.
- If timber supports are used it must be hard and it is always placed on solid surface.
De-Shuttering time of shuttering (IS 456:2000)
- Vertical shutting of Wall, Beam and Column 16-24 Hours
- Internal shutting of Roof slab 3 Days
- Internal shuttering of Beam 7 Days
- Vertical support of Slab
- Span less than 4.5 m 7 Days
- Span more than 4.5 m 14 Days
- Vertical supports of Beam and Arch
- Span less than 6 m 14 Days
- Span more than 6 m 21 Days
*Also check Cube strength of 14 Days of particular portion before DE-shuttering.
Also read more useful or very important topic on Civil Engineering, Click Below Topics