WHAT IS FIBRE CONCRETE? NEW GENERATION SECONDARY REINFORCEMENT MATERIAL
WHAT IS FIBER CONCRETE?
Fibre Concrete is the increased toughness and durability of residential concrete, such as patios, Elevation design, fiber can help. This product which is made of synthetic fibers, is uniformly distributed and provides secondary reinforcement for improving the durability of concrete.
For industrial projects, fibres are used to improve the durability of concrete. Made from synthetic materials, these fibers are long and thick in size and may be used as a replacement for bar or fabric reinforcement.
If we want to increase its toughness, specific look and feel, and even minimize cracking then we can use this Wherever cement is used while construction.
- RCC & PCC like lintel, beam, column, flooring and wall plastering
- Elevation design and thick size of plasterwork
- Foundation, tanks, manhole cover and tiles
- Roads and pavements
- Hollow blocks and precast
Wherever cement is used, fibers can be used to improve the quality of construction/product.
TOP 5 REASONS TO USE FIBER IN CONCRETE MIX:
- Increase Toughness and Durability
- Decrease Cracking
- Improve Freeze-Thaw Resistance
- Reduce Effects of Shrinkage
- Look and Finishing of Surface
ADVANTAGES OF USING FIBER :
- Rebound loss will be reduced by 50-70%—results in saving on expensive mortar, cement and sand. Time taken for plastering will be lower and work will be completed in a faster way.
- It will reduce cracks during the plastic and hardening stage.
- It also reduces water seepage and protects the steel in concrete from corroding and walls from dampening.
- It protects corners in precast slabs and concrete flooring. Apart from that, it Increases abrasion resistance by over 40% thereby increasing the life of roads, walkways, and floors. It also reduces the pitting of the floor.
HOW TO USE IN CONCRETE OR PLASTER
Concrete: Use 12 mm fibre 900 Grams /cubic meter.
Plaster: Use 6 mm Fiber@ 125 Grams /bag of cement of 50 Kilograms, in a 1:4 cement sand ratio.
The dosage rate can be changed as per requirement.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Mixer: Sprinkle Fiber in the rotating site mixer with 2-3 litres of water/add chips/sand/cement and balance water and rotate as usual.
Manual Mixing: For best results, use one bag of fibre (125 Grams) with one bag of cement. Soak half a pouch of fibre in a bucket of water. Mix half a bag of cement and required sand thoroughly and make a pond. Pour cement from the bucket into the pond and mix thoroughly for a few minutes.
Caution: Fiber is for improving the quality of construction. It results in a saving of cement and sand as well as it helps to complete the target job earlier. Fiber does not replace structural and load-bearing reinforcement material.