WHAT IS FIBRE CONCRETE? NEW GENERATION SECONDARY REINFORCEMENT MATERIAL
WHAT IS FIBER CONCRETE?
Fiber Concrete is a increase toughness and durability of residential concrete, such as patios, Elevation design, fiber can help. This product which is made of synthetic fibers, is uniformly distributed and provides secondary reinforcement for improve durability of concrete.
For industrial projects, fibers are used to improve durability of concrete. Made from synthetic materials, these fibers are long and thick in size and may be used as a replacement for bar or fabric reinforcement.
If we want to increase its toughness, specific look and feel, and even minimize cracking then we can use this Wherever cement is used while construction.
- RCC & PCC like lintel, beam, column, flooring and wall plastering
- Elevation design and thick size of plaster work
- Foundation, tanks, manhole cover and tiles
- Roads and pavements
- Hollow blocks and precast
Wherever cement is used, fibers can be use to improve the quality of construction/product.
TOP 5 REASON TO USE FIBER IN CONCRETE MIX:
- Increase Toughness and Durability
- Decrease Cracking
- Improve Freeze-Thaw Resistance
- Reduce Effects of Shrinkage
- Look and Finishing of Surface
ADVANTAGES OF USING FIBER :
- Rebound loss will be reduce by 50-70%. Results in saving of expensive mortar, cement and sand. Time taken for plastering will be reduce and work will be complete in faster way.
- It will reduce cracks during plastic and hardening stage.
- It also reduces water seepage and protects steel in concrete from corroding and walls from dampening.
- It protects corner in precast slabs and concrete flooring. Apart from that it Increases abrasion resistance by over 40% thereby increasing life of roads, walkways, floors. It also reduces pitting of the floor.
HOW TO USE IN CONCRETE OR PLASTER
Concrete: Use 12 mm fiber 900 Grams /cubic meter.
Plaster: Use 6 mm Fiber@ 125 Grams /bag of cement of 50 Kilograms, in 1:4 cement sand ratio.
Dosage rate can be change as per requirement.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Mixer: Sprinkle Fiber in the rotating site mixer with 2-3 liters of water/add chips/sand/cement and balance water and rotate as usual.
Manual Mixing: For best results, use one bag of fiber (125 Grams) with one bag of cement. Soak half a pouch of fiber in a bucket of water. Mix half a bag of cement and required sand thoroughly and make a pond. Pour cement of the bucket in the pond and mix thoroughly for a few minutes.
Caution: Fiber is for improving the quality of construction. It results in saving of cement and sand as well as it helps to complete target job earlier. Fiber does not replace structural and load bearing reinforcement material.