TOP TO DOWN CONSTRUCTION METHOD
WHAT IS TOP TO DOWN CONSTRUCTION?
We have various methods for building a building, This method is very advanced and unique to construct a building simultaneously in both directions up or down this method is called top to down construction..
• Conventionally, buildings with an underground basement are built by the Bottom-up method
• But it is not feasible for gigantic projects with limited construction time and/or with space and other site constraints.
• The Top-Down construction method enables the superstructure and the underground structure to be built simultaneously.
• This technique can reduce construction time significantly.
• Installation of Diaphragm wall.
• Installation of Wall Barrette Piles.
• Excavation of Soil just below the Ground slab.
• Provide a Structural strut to support the diaphragm wall
• Exposed Coupler bars/Dowel bars from Diaphragm.
• R.C.C. slab to be cast with suitable size opening for further construction.
• After Casting slab, excavation to continue through the opening.
• Excavation to be continued till the lowest basement slab level.
- Installation of Diaphragm wall
- Excavation & Installation of Steel Strut
- Construction of Underground Structure
- Next level of Construction of Underground Structure
- Construction of side walls & Remove the Strut
- Backfilling & Reinstatement
a. EXECUTION OF DIAPHRAGM WALLS
b. CONSTRUCTION OF PILES WITH PLUNGE COLUMNS
c. CONSTRUCTION OF SLAB
d. TOP-DOWN CONSTRUCTION
e. TOP-DOWN CONSTRUCTION
There are some advantages and disadvantages of this method
• The shortened construction period due to simultaneous construction.
• More operational space gained from advanced construction of floor slabs.
• It is highly suitable for the construction of tall buildings with deep basements to be constructed in urban areas.
• These can be installed in close proximity to the existing structures with minimal loss of support to existing foundations.
• Higher cost.
• The lateral displacement of the retaining wall or ground settlement may possible.
• The construction quality may influence.
• It requires highly skilled supervision and a labour force.
Visit our Channel for more information.
WOW! Who knew there were that many different ways to construct a building! Great info!
Good indepth information for construction procedure. Like to read your articles much.
its very useful to me. sir or mam i have need to some more information, can u help me please.
yes tell me, but I’m not mam..
72 million on the Bitcoin from some vendors that accept cryptocurrencies will
usually. Your weekly wrap it up with the ban miners should
look for cheap electricity so as.