GENERAL SITE RULES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF A CIVIL ENGINEER
GENERAL SITE RULES
GENERAL SITE RULES FOR CIVIL ENGINEER
- The site engineer must strictly follow the working hours on the site. He is expected to report on the site at least 15 minutes before schedule and ensure proper allocation of work for smooth functioning.
- Sunday is generally considered a weekend. However, if the presence of a site engineer is required for attending to the customer, curing work, etc., then the site in charge may instruct a junior engineer/supervisor/storekeeper to be present on-site for the day.
- The site engineer/ supervisor is responsible for the on-time completion of the targeted job. In case of any backlog, extra hours should be put in to complete the work.
- Similarly, for every slab concreting, the site engineer and the supervisor should be present at the site till the completion of work.
- Employment of child labour is forbidden. Child labour could be defined as the labourer below eighteen years of age. The engineer should inform the contractors and watchmen about the prohibition of child labour on site.
- Any accident on-site should be reported to the Head office immediately. It will be helpful for the management to take immediate action to help the affected employee.
- If the site engineer is required to remain absent due to any circumstances, then he must convey his absence to the particular site. He is also liable to inform his senior authority member as well as to the Head Office.
Responsibilities of site engineer/staff:
- Successful completion of a project in all respects calls for the followings qualities in the site engineer/staff;
- Hard work
- Complete devotion to work
- Consciousness of responsibilities
- Awareness of new techniques and products
- Decision-making capability to meet the challenges.
- The efforts of the site engineer influence the overall construction quality of any project. The duties and responsibilities of the site engineer/staff for various levels are summarized economy, effective management, and successful execution of the project.