GENERAL SITE RULES AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR CIVIL ENGINEER
GENERAL SITE RULES
GENERAL SITE RULES FOR CIVIL ENGINEER
- The site engineer must strictly follow the working hours of the site. He is expected to report at the site at least 15 minutes before schedule to ensure proper allocation of the work for smooth functioning.
- Sunday is normally the weekend holidays. However if the presence of a site engineer is required for attending to the customer, curing work, etc., then the site in-charge may instruct a junior engineer / supervisor / storekeeper to be present on site for the day.
- The site engineer/ supervisor is responsible for the on time completion of the targeted job. In case of a backlog, extra hours should be put in to complete the work.
- Similarly for every slab concreting the site engineer and the supervisor should be present at the site till the completion of the
- Employments of child labour is forbidden, Child labour can be defined as the labourer below eighteen years of age. The engineer should inform the contractors and watchmen about the prohibition of child labour on site.
- Any accident on site, should be reported to the Head office immediately. This will enable the management to take immediate action to help the affected employee.
- If the site engineer is forced to remain absent then he must convey his absence to the particular site as well as to the Head Office.
Responsibilities of site staff
- Successful completion of a project in all respects calls for the followings qualities in the site staff
- Hard work
- Complete devotion to work
- Consciousness of responsibilities
- Awareness of new techniques and products
- Decision making capacity to meet the challenges.
- The efforts of the site influence the overall construction quality of any project. The duties and responsibilities of the site staff for various levels are therefore summarized economy, effective management and successful execution of the project.