Point Should be know every Civil Site Engineer. Civil Tips
Point Should be know every Civil Site Engineer.
There are some general points to remember for every site engineer to make easier work at site.
- Lapping is not allowed for the 36 mm diameters bars or more.
- Maximum spacing for chair per 1 No per 1m2.
- Chairs minimum of 12 mm dia bars to be used.
- For dowels rod minimum of 12 mm diameter should be used.
- Minimum bars for square column is 4 Number and 6 Number for circular column.
- Main or distribution bars in the slabs shall not be less than 8 mm.
- Minimum thickness of slab is 125 mm.
- Dimension tolerance for cubes is +- 2 mm.
- Free fall of concrete is allowed maximum to 1m height.
- Lap slices not be used for bar larger than 36 mm.
- Water absorption of clay bricks should not be more than 15 %.
- PH value of the water should not be less than 6 for concreting.
- Compressive strength of clay Bricks is 3.5 N / mm2.
- For steel reinforcement binding wire required is 8 kg per MT.
- Density of Clay bricks is 1600 – 1920 kg/m3
- Concrete blocks density is 1920 kg/m3.
- Reinforcement concrete Density is 2350 kg/m3.
Curing Time For Different type of Cement.
- Curing Required for super sulphate cement is minimum 7 Days
- Ordinary Portland Cement (OPC) curing is Minimum 10 Days.
- For Minerals & Admixture Added Cement curing is 14 Days.
Minimum De-Shuttering time of different type of RCC members.
- Column, Wall, Vertical Member De-shuttering time is 24 Hours.
- Formwork for soffit slab minimum time is 5-7 days and props to be fixed after remove Plates or bottom shutting.
- Slab beam Shuttering can be remove after 7 days or props to be fixed after remove Plates or bottom shutting.
- Beam De-shuttering time for spanning Less than 4.5m 7 Days.
- Beam De-shuttering time for spanning more than 4.5m 14 Days.
- Arches Beam De-shuttering time is 14 Days for 6m length.
- Arches Beam De-shuttering time is 21 Days for more than 6m length.