Responsibility of the Storekeeper at Construction Site or Industries
Responsibility of the storekeeper
- Record the store material receipt and consumption on a daily basis.
- Checking the stock as per records.
- Receiving materials, stocking, recording of receipts, assisting J.E. to prepare quality reports of the received materials.
- Issue materials as per the indent for different works.
- General supervision on the site regarding wastage of material, improper use of material etc.
- Recollecting any balance/ unused materials at the end of the working days.
- Handing over of the charge of material lying in the site premises of the night security personal from the day security guards.
- Update records on display boards and display slates regarding the stock.
- Prepare fortnightly/ monthly consumption reports jointly wit the junior engineers.
- Prepare a list of excess material.
- Update the stocks periodically.
- Inform the concerned engineer of the status of balance material in order to raise further indent.
- Follow up with material suppliers, with prior consent from purchase department, to ensure timely supply.
- Maintain records of departmental tools, machinery etc. on site.
- Maintain record of cash purchase.
- Records of empty cement bags received from contractor.
- Maintain records of electricity and water bills.
- Inform the concerned engineer of the working condition of the machinery.
For know about civil engineering please visit our youtube channel to explore civil engineering.